The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) advises that employers:
· make health and wellbeing a core priority for the top management of the organisation
· value the strategic importance and benefits of a healthy workplace
· encourage a consistent, positive approach to all employees' health and wellbeing
· ensure all managers in the organisation, including directors and board members:
- are committed to the health and wellbeing of their workforce
- act as good role models
They place emphasis on the benefits, not just for the individual, but also in providing an economic advantage for organisations, stressing the importance of educating management about “the link between employees' health and wellbeing and improved productivity.”
According to Mercer, a leading UK healthcare consultancy firm; “British employers are losing on average 27.5 days of productive time per employee each year as staff take time off sick and underperform in the office as a result of ill-health.”
Bagnall Wellness runs full and half day workshops designed for companies wishing to invest in the health of their employees and management.
As part of our corporate workshops, your employees will gain a greater understanding of the role of macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fats) and micronutrients such as vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, plus an in depth understanding on the role of sleep, activity levels and stress management in health and disease risk.
They will also receive lots of practical advice in the form of activity sheets and handouts to help them to implement these changes into their everyday lives, and more importantly how to stick to these changes longer term.
To enquire about running a corporate wellbeing workshop in your organisation, call Bagnall Wellness on 01494 791288 or fill in this form.